Monday, 12 March 2018

A Levels

A rant...


Okay so in like three months I will start my A-Levels which are like, the final exams in sixth form / college that help you get into uni and just look good on your personal statement / CV. I've been studying for them since September 2016 and started revising earlier this year, which my teachers don't seem to realise as every single lesson of every day of every week, each teacher lectures us for about half an hour about how important it is to be revising now and then get angry that we don't recall the exact content of the lesson one year, three months and twenty one days ago and the key words we were made to google ourselves because our teacher didn't know the definition themselves and then they had to leave twenty minutes early because they needed to mark a test for the year eight group despite year thirteen being the "most important" by which they mean if there is a slight chance they might have to do something that may take five minutes, then the whole three hour lesson will be cancelled,  but that's not a problem at all, they just give us a sheet and make us fill in the gaps ready for the next lesson. Education 👍



Anyway, here's the issue. I've gotten to the point where I genuinely don't care anymore. I actually don't. This past month I've just got so fed up. I think there's maybe been one day that I haven't cried. I'm completely over it. I'm at the point where I will gladly get three U's and have no definite certainty of my future. I am so done. The only reason I still think about even going to school is because, actually, I don't know. I don't appreciate teachers giving me homework that should only take "half an hour" but actually takes half a day, two mental breakdowns, seven coffees and an hour scrolling through google looking for the answer because I have no idea what it actually is, on top of revision of last years content that I don't even remember learning and then being questioned as to why I turned up one minute late to tutor, to which I give my honest response of "I'm just late, no excuse" however my tutor seems to translate that as "Lecture me as to the importance of the upcoming months and why it is vital to always be on time", and then proceed to take points off because we get treated "like adults" and that's exactly what they do in the real world obviously...

We aren't going to finish the course in psychology. No chance. My teacher keeps saying that we will but we have like four and a half units to get through in like twelve weeks so yeah that's just not going to happen. The only things getting me through it are my psychology tutor and my 'psych fam' who crack me up endlessly. We spend lessons having crying competitions to see who can cry first - turns out it's not that difficult and getting progressively easier. We ordered text books maybe three months ago and we still haven't got them and that in itself is just an annoyance. They're about £26 each and I'm not even going to get three months use out of them, it's just so frustrating. If I'd known it would take so long I would've ordered it myself and got it on Amazon Prime. I would've read through it three times by now. Well. Maybe not but I would have had the ability to do so.

It's just so infuriating. Teachers constantly lecturing about how important this time is and how it's the hardest time of our lives and then proceed to chat absolute BS for an hour meaning that the amount of work we actually get done is either none existent or full of uncertainty as we have to just do it ourselves, turning to our dear friends google and youtube. And then, because we're treated like adults now, we are told off for not doing our work properly and then lectured about the importance of the next few months and so the cycle begins again...

I actually can't wait to leave. I think that could honestly be the only thing getting me through this year. It wasn't long ago that I called that school something like a second home to me as I felt like I could be myself and teachers actually cared a little bit about students. Now I'm so over it. So done. Get me out that place. I just want to go away. Why is there so much content for every subject? I need another two years just for revision. Little handy hint for you all, start revising for A Levels at the point of conception. You might do alright then. Sorry to quote every child ever but seriously, half the stuff I'm being taught I would seriously like to ask, when the hell will I ever use. I thought specialising down in to three subjects would mean that it would make it at least a bit easier, as did, I believe, everybody else, particularly as they were subjects I was either interested in or enjoyed. Ha ha ha. No. Doesn't work like that. By the end of the two years, you will probably hate the subjects and have little to no interest in them at all, partly because you have to learn the subjects as a whole rather than the parts of it you actually want to learn about. Just being honest. For example, psychology is the subject I was most looking forward to and now I might just say it's my least favourite. I prefer English Language over it and that's really saying something. Actually, now I say that, may be I dislike them both equally.

A Levels I can honestly say have been the worst years of my life so far. You put on weight, eat for the royal family, you either don't sleep at all or you sleep for England, they highly challenge your social life and at times you become a complete recluse. In ten years time I may or may not regret this post, I might look back at this and just laugh at complete lack of awareness for the rest of the world. But I feel like people may be able to relate to this at the moment and I'm sick of thinking so far in to the future.

Anyways, I think I'm done so I apologise for wasting five minutes of your life,

Hope you're all alright,

Adios Amigos

X

3 comments:

  1. OMG this was too relatable. But I'm still doing my GCSE's and your doing the real thing which means that my life's going to go down hill (crying emoji). I really want to say that you have to find something that motivates you even if it is just knowing that your favourite food will always be in the kitchen when your done, but i guess as a student you've already been told that like a million times (well that's what i get told everyday). But keep your head high and think all you can do is try your best and your best will have to do. Sending positive vibes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love reading readers comments. Makes my day! Please let me know if you have any requests of posts for me to do, i'm struggling to come up with content ideas. To be honest, my main motivation is the fact that i'm leaving in like, 2 months! Good luck in your GCSEs. I'm sure you'll smash them!! Do your best, it's all you can. Love BethieKitch xxx

      Delete
    2. Hello Bethie Kitch. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest. It was interesting to go through your post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs int his great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to MUMBAI to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018. My email id : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

      Delete